Plastic Surgeons in 2017 are savvier than ever when it comes to marketing. Most understand the importance of Adwords and good organic rankings and have worked for years with partners to manage these channels and their online reputation. So when an interested prospect is looking for a reputable clinic, doctors with the best Adwords and SEO strategies are showing up on top and getting most of the business.
As savvy as they are, most are still missing the mark when it comes to marketing on social media. The same Adwords strategies will not work on Facebook and Instagram. It requires a much more complex, multi-layered strategy to take someone through the journey of browsing their friends' updates to scheduling a consultation. As complex as it is, it's totally worth. With 2 billion active users, Facebook is a gold mine for delivering leads and new business.
So what strategies work? Let's take a deep dive into a campaign that we setup for a client in North Carolina who specializes in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.
Our clients goals were:
1) Increase brand awareness amongst Greensboro area
2) Get new users to schedule consultations with the doctors
3) Educate past clients on new available procedures
After brainstorming with our team and client on our kick-off call was the create the target audiences in Facebook.
We decided to create 3 custom audiences:
1) One based on identifiable attributes to target cold prospects (those who have never heard of our client)
2) Another that took first-party data securely uploaded into Facebook's ad platform to build a "lookalike" audience that was extremely similar to our client's best customers
3) Using that same first-party data to create an audience of past clients